Events in Villa Clara, Cuba
If you like to know the daily and authentic life of Cuba, be sure to visit Villa Clara, an important and wonderful tourist destination on the island that will delight you with its casual and friendly atmosphere that invites you to enjoy its main shows and festivals. There is something for all tastes; salsa, trova, dance, rock, theater, plastic arts, cinema, etc. Among these events are:
- Festival de la Trova Longina: with 21 editions, this festival takes place in the first fortnight of January. Troubadours from the city of Santa Clara and hosts of the Trovuntivitis of El Mejunje participate in it.
- Chamber Music Festival A tempo con Caturla: In the month of March, Santa Clara is adorned for 5 days during the festival where soloists and groups from Villa Clara gather every year to captivate with the beauty of their musical work.
- Rock FestivalCiudad Metal (Metal City)
- Winter Festival
- Festival Of Small Format Theater
- Theatrical Mejunje
- Provincial Hall of Artistic Craft and Applied Arts
Other events of interest include the Parrandas and Carnivals. And, in sports: International Canoeing Cup "Descent of the Sagua River" and the International Chess Tournament "Guillermo Garcia in Memoriam".